Sunday, May 20, 2007

My body is failing me

Usually I never get sick, which is good.
Other day had some crab cakes (which I've had numerous times before from other restaurants) and had food poisoning or an allergic reaction, or both. I was sleeping, woke up to some pretty "wicked" pain in my stomach/intestines. This was probably some of the worst physical pain I have ever felt in my life. Then to make matters worse...I broke out in hives. Yes, hives. All over the body, lips were swollen, heck, my whole face was swollen. I didn't even look like myself...oh yeah, this was all occurring at 5 in the morning, awesome. Once I stopped scratching the heck out of myself, I eventually fell asleep. I woke up that morning feeling fine, as if nothing happened. Thank you immune system, I knew you were strong.

Unfortunately, that was the least of my worries. Got a 5K race in a couple weeks and I want to get my time under 20 mins, previous race times were around 21 mins. Shouldn't be too difficult so I've been training lately. I usually run about 6 miles every other day, nothing ever goes wrong. Lately though my ankle has been bothering me, even though I've cut the running down to only 5K a couple times a week. I probably should just stop running for a while, but it's pretty addicting, at least for me. I've been icing the ankle for a while, and I think it's just something I've got to deal with come race day. It doesn't hurt when I don't run, but it also doesn't hurt when I do run. It kinda just has a funny feeling every now and then. Regardless, it won't stop me from running and trying to beat my previous 5K times. Oh yeah, I bought some new running shoes since my old ones were about 8 months overdue for a change. These new shoes feel great and help A LOT. Maybe that was my problem all along?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home