Wednesday, July 18, 2007

One Year Down...Three To Go!

Wow, finished one year of dental school. It seems so easy when you look back on it. It was like a big blur, but I survived. Nice thing about the end of the year was that our schedule wasn't as intense, we only had two classes for most of June. The benefit is that I got to experience a little more of the east coast due to this. I went camping in both Vermont and Cape Cod. Both were a lot of fun, you can't go wrong with cliff diving and eating fresh lobster (no allergic rxn, luckily!).

Summer has been going well, I've just been relaxing for the most part and catching up with old friends. Being back at home has its benefits also...very large TV, a car, food, sleep. My room is still a mess even though I've been home for a couple weeks. I really think I should clean my room up, and I need to clean out my closet too. After I finished grad school I kinda just dumped everything into my car and drove back home only to dump it in my closet. I looked through some of the items, brought back some memories.

I did go down to Champaign-Urbana a week or so ago. It was good seeing old friends again. I think we had a little too much fun that first night. We def. partied like undergrads, haha. Regardless, I got some really great deals on Illini clothes, can't wait to bring 'em back to Boston.

2nd year starts right after Labor Day, which seems like forever from now, but I know it will be here before I know it. It's gonna be a very tough year, but I know I'll survive. I have great family and friends to look to for support. In the meantime I plan on running about 2 more 5K races in IL before school starts. There's also the Komen Race for the Cure which I will be running in Boston in September. 5K races are very addicting, but I think now I want something more. I plan on running the Chicago Marathon in 2008, let's hope I can do it, training starts next year, since it's too late for me to run this year's Chicago Marathon. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home