Where has the time gone??
Wow, it has been a really long time since I've posted. School has been going well, so far second semester is def. the worst semester of dental school. We are all very, very busy. Lab work takes up so much time for us. Also, Board Exams are coming up in May/June. Lots of studying and lots of stress. First semester was fine, ended it pretty well I think. This semester is a whole new monster.
Lab courses: Fixed Prosth, Removable Prosth, Endo, and Pediatric take up the bulk of my time. I've been going into lab every day on the weekend to make sure my lab work doesn't fall behind. So far, so good. My hand skills have def. improved over last year when everything was so "new."
In other news, I've started running again. (Yeah!!) Running outside now, using my new Garmin 305 GPS watch to keep track of all my data (pace, distance, time, etc). I love it, running outside is so enjoyable, I despise the treadmill now. I also have no need for my iPod when I run outside, so much better without it.
I've also decided to run the 2008 Chicago Marathon; I signed up this morning! 26.2 miles!!! Very exciting, trying to keep a baseline level before the real training starts in June, the marathon is October 12th. So far, I've been running real well. Did about 60 miles in January alone (2 of those weeks I didn't run because I was sick). Ran 8.25 miles this morning. It was a great run, lots of fun.
Also, I went to go see the movie, "Spirit of the Marathon" last week. It was amazing! The documentary chronicles runners participating in the 2005 Chicago Marathon (1st timers, repeaters, and elites). The movie was very inspiring and motivational. Can't wait until Oct. 12th. Knock on wood, that I'm healthy and injury free!!
Lab courses: Fixed Prosth, Removable Prosth, Endo, and Pediatric take up the bulk of my time. I've been going into lab every day on the weekend to make sure my lab work doesn't fall behind. So far, so good. My hand skills have def. improved over last year when everything was so "new."
In other news, I've started running again. (Yeah!!) Running outside now, using my new Garmin 305 GPS watch to keep track of all my data (pace, distance, time, etc). I love it, running outside is so enjoyable, I despise the treadmill now. I also have no need for my iPod when I run outside, so much better without it.
I've also decided to run the 2008 Chicago Marathon; I signed up this morning! 26.2 miles!!! Very exciting, trying to keep a baseline level before the real training starts in June, the marathon is October 12th. So far, I've been running real well. Did about 60 miles in January alone (2 of those weeks I didn't run because I was sick). Ran 8.25 miles this morning. It was a great run, lots of fun.
Also, I went to go see the movie, "Spirit of the Marathon" last week. It was amazing! The documentary chronicles runners participating in the 2005 Chicago Marathon (1st timers, repeaters, and elites). The movie was very inspiring and motivational. Can't wait until Oct. 12th. Knock on wood, that I'm healthy and injury free!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home